Who We Are
With authorization to work in 43 states and more than 6,500 skilled employees, MDU Construction Services Group provides industry-leading construction services with a focus on safety.
MDU Construction Services Group provides a full spectrum of construction solutions, from underground utilities and excavation to electrical, mechanical and fire suppression systems as well as transmission line construction. Our diverse group of companies also manufactures and distributes transmission line construction equipment and supplies.
- More than 6,500 employees.
- No. 11 on ENR's 2018 Top 600 Specialty Contractors list based on revenues.
- Authorized to operate in 43 states.
- One of the largest solar contractors in America.
What sets us apart
- Innovation. Our employees bring innovation to the table through their intellectual capital, experience and expertise, ensuring quality and value for our customers.
- Design/build. The combined strength of our engineering, construction and maintenance experience helps us manage complicated design and build projects, from conception through operation and maintenance.
- Financial strength. Thanks to MDU Construction Services Group’s size and financial stability, we realize reduced rates for bonding, insurance and financing. These efficiencies, combined with reduced equipment costs through supplier alliances, result in savings for our customers. Additionally, we are backed by our solid parent company, MDU Resources Group.
- Quality services. Our companies attract and retain a highly skilled workforce dedicated to providing a quality product, thanks to our commitment to training, safety and integrity. A highly skilled, safe and dedicated workforce ensures superior results for our customers.
Our Parent Company: MDU Resources Group, Inc.
MDU Construction Services Group is a subsidiary of MDU Resources Group, Inc., a major natural resources company that provides value-added natural resource products and related services that are essential to energy and transportation infrastructure.
MDU Resources got its start as a small electric utility company in 1924 and has grown into a multi-billion dollar company whose diverse holdings, growth strategy and commitment to integrity have allowed it to consistently post strong earnings and earn the reputation of providing superior shareholder value. The company is headquartered in Bismarck, North Dakota, and has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange since 1948 (NYSE: MDU).
MDU Construction Services Group has grown from a handful of businesses in limited markets to a large group of successful companies doing work all across the country. We are looking to grow in our markets. If you own or know of a business that would complement our operations, please contact us at [email protected].
4 Critical Success Factors
Provide an industry-leading safe and healthy work environment at MDU Construction Services Group, Inc. and continuously improve operational performance.
Dedicate ourselves to understanding and fulfilling our customers’ needs, becoming the preferred provider for services provided.
Enhance total shareholder value by improving earnings and returns on invested capital while delivering the best construction value to our customers.
Attract, develop, appropriately train, reward and retain a superior workforce.
Utilizing existing expertise, safely provide value-added products and services that exceed customer expectations.
With integrity, create superior shareholder value by expanding upon our expertise to be the supplier of choice in all of our markets while being a safe and great place to work.